Wednesday 17 June 2020

Years 1 & 2 - Thursday 18th June

Hello :) 

Today we are going to start our plan for our final art creation, our under the sea collage. I am going to post a picture of the final collage I have created and then over the next few weeks there will be step by step instructions on how I completed each step, filled with lots of sea creatures and wonderful treasures you may find if you were an underwater explorer. 






As the children will tell you, any successful creation will always start with a detailed plan! 

Hopefully you will still have some materials left over from last week, as you will need a variety of different materials to create your collage. 

I have been on a material hunt around the house and these are all the materials I found which I will be adding to my collage. This project will be continuing over the next few weeks so you have plenty of time to gather any useful materials you may need.






Once you have gathered your materials, you need to draw out a plan so you have an idea of what you are going to add to your collage.  First I thought about the setting and what I would need to include. I added some sand, water and coral. Next I selected my fish and sea creatures, I chose a clown fish, blue tang and royal gramma from the list of fish we researched. I then thought of some of the other things you may find under the sea.

Some things you may like to include:
  • shark 
  • ship wreck
  • octopus 
  • treasure chest 
  • jellyfish 
  • coral 
  • star fish 
  • crabs 
  • submarine
  • diver 
  • pearls 
Once you have decided on what you will include, it is now time to draw up your plan. A plan is a rough guide and can be changed at anytime. You do not need to include detailed drawings as they will eventually be covered over with material. The bigger the piece of paper or card the better as you will have more room to stick and layer your materials however any size is fine.


After I completed my drawings (with a little help) I added labels so I knew which colours I would need and which materials I was going to use to best represent each creature and object. I mixed and matched different materials as this will create a great layering affect to your collage. 

To help you complete your plans, below are a selection of links, giving step by step instructions on how to draw under the sea objects and creatures although with our fantastic artists, I think you will be able to create super drawings yourself. 

Octopus - https://www.easypeasyandfun.com/how-to-draw-an-octopus/

Turtle - https://www.easypeasyandfun.com/how-to-draw-a-turtle/

Clown fish -  https://www.wedrawanimals.com/how-to-draw-a-clownfish/

Blue tanghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4QIDCEsaeY

Boat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH5Io_Wg2T8

We look forward to seeing your plans and what things you are going to include. 

We hope you are all having a wonderful week and we would again like to say a big well for all your effort during homeschooling! 

The KS1 Team :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment