Wednesday 24 June 2020

Years 1 & 2 - Thursday 25th June

Hello, we hope you are all having a lovely week and enjoying the sun. 

Today we will be continuing with our collage creations, creating an under the sea picture makes me excited that we can now visit the beach and go for nice walks along the seafront. If you do visit the seaside it would be a nice idea to see if you can spot anything you have added to your collage. Last week was all about planning and preparation and today it's time to start adding detail. 

The first thing I did once I had finished the plan was colour the different parts of my collage, this will help when selecting the correct colour materials for the picture. 


Next I decided to focus on the 3 fish I had selected. I selected my materials and used different techniques to create my fish. This is your time to put all your planning into action, gather your materials and start creating your fish. I will add details about the fish I created for suggestions, however you may have selected different fish and materials and do not need to use the same as me.




I created my clown fish by using an orange plastic bag, white tissue and I added detail using a black felt tip pen. To make my fish look more realistic I decided to layer the material so that you could see the scales. I found a googly eye as it looks like a real fish eye. 



As I wanted the collage to have lots of different textures to create my blue tang I used blue shredded paper to make my fish look 3D. I added detail using yellow tissue paper which I cut to the correct shape. Remember to use all of the different cutting, tearing, squishing, folding and other techniques when using your materials. This will help add lots of detail to your collage. 



Finally to make my royal gramma, I cut some pink paper to the correct size and then teared a yellow sponge into different shapes for the tail. I think it makes a good 3D affect for the scales. I used googly eyes for all my fish but I am looking forward to seeing what materials and objects you use to create different parts of the fish. 


Next I decided to add detail to my octopus and I chose a red felt as I think a collage is more effective when using a variety of materials and textures. I also like layering as when researching collage designs lots of the pictures had used the layering technique. You could also use lots of different materials in the same colour to create your sea creatures. 



Finally I added details to the other things I thought you may find on the ocean floor, this part of the ocean is also known as the trench and abyss. I selected a ship wreck and a treasure chest, as I once went on a submarine and saw a shipwreck, therefore I knew you sometimes see these at the bottom of the ocean. You may also like to research other treasures people have discovered in the ocean. 

To create my ship and treasure chest, I found lolly sticks, shiny gold paper, card and sequins. I had to cut my materials to the correct shapes. I had to get some help to make my treasure chest and it was very difficult to make the correct shape. I thought about giving up and not including it in my collage and then remembered what we learn at school, if something is tricky, persevere and try, try and try again as great effort leads to great progress. If you find an activity challenging you must not give up as once you have completed the challenge you will feel very proud of yourself. 























We hope you are all enjoying this creative activity and we continue to look forward to seeing your end designs. 

Have a lovely day, 

The KS1 Team

No comments:

Post a Comment